Two quick picks of Kayleedog, pre and post haircut:
This article full of photography tips and tricks has been sitting in my in-box since before the holidays. I’m definitely going to be able to use them; you might be able to as well.
These photos look like crap because my original revision iPhone has a lot of trouble capturing these new high-energy puppies they’re producing these days.
The top left and the bottom are taken at 9pm a few days ago after a looong walk around our complex. The top right was taken this afternoon after romping with my sister a while.
- He is terrified of french fries, but will eat leaves, sticks, and bugs. Nature boy!
- We’ve spent a lot of time this week barking at the dog that lives in the shiny black dishwasher, and occasionally at the dog that lives in the stove. Dishwasher Dog even gets scratched at, and one day I caught Chance trying to peer around the edge of the door to see Dishwasher Dog better.
- The bad news is that he’s escaped from the kitchen twice this week. The good news is that when he has the run of the house, he’s making a good effort at returning to the kitchen (where the pee pads and litter box are) when he needs to go.
- My nose didn’t get bit once this week, which is definitely an improvement.
- We’re making good progress on “sit” and “come here” and “come on” (or as everyone else knows them, sit, come, and heel”), and he’s starting to get an inking of what “wait” (everyone else’s “stay”) means. And he definitely understands that “Hey!” is “stop what you’re doing and pay attention to Mom”.
I’m thinking of doing puppy updates every Thursday, so that a) I have a chance to get a few decent pictures throughout the week, b) you have something visual to look forward to and c) I can track his age (since he was born on a Thursday). No guarantees yet, especially considering how busy this week is supposed to be, but that’s the plan.
And yes, at some point, I’ll learn how to embed this crap correctly here instead.
Well, technically, the dogs are pretty much always nude in the summer. In the winter, Daisy and Nugget each have coats, teeshirts, sweaters… they’re small dogs, and small dogs need small clothes.
it occurred to me about two hours ago that there’s no way I’m making tonight’s deadline, so in the tradition of great sequential artists everywhere, I offer cheesecake instead.
The classic definition of cheesecake involves pin-up girls, but I’m right out. What I do have is pictures of the best looking man I know, and the inspiration for Cole, Lila’s husband, who’s actually going to appear in an upcoming strip after a long hiatus. So today, the cheesecake is for the ladies.
So that I can get a bit of a head start on the buffer again, we’ll see more cheesecake shortly…. but probably not of Cole.
Update: Jzimbert informs me (rather awkwardly, I might add) that the technical term for male cheesecake is beefcake. But that sounds too much like meatloaf to me, so I’m sticking with “male cheesecake” for now.
I have to say goodbye to the ocean today. We’re going home in just an hour or so — right after we eat breakfast. I’m tan and burnt and still occasionally coughing. I’ve had such a fill of seafood that I can’t stand the thought of it. (The only night we didn’t partake was the night we had pizza and Hershey’s ice cream. No, I didn’t know Hershey made ice cream either.)
Unless dire catastrophe, the next post will be from Pennsylvania.
Oh, and, comic later today, maybe.